Buckhead Life Restaurants are now open for dining! We are offering dine-in, delivery, take away and curbside pick-up options with our restaurants.
News & Events
As part of our extended family of Buckhead Life Restaurant Group, I appreciate the trust you have always placed in us and our team for over forty years in allowing us to serve you the finest quality food, unsurpassed service with the highest of industry standards.
As always, the awareness and responsibility for the safety of our guests, and our team have always been paramount. Regardless of the current situation of COVID-19 (coronavirus), we hold extremely high standards for ourselves every day and adhere to strict health and safety standards that already exist in our industry. We are closely following the recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the U.S. Department of Agriculture and local agencies.
According to a statement released from the FDA, food is not known to transmit coronavirus. Specifically, the FDA states, “We are not aware of any reports at this time of human illnesses that suggest COVID-19 can be transmitted by food or food packaging.“
Rest assured the Buckhead Life Restaurant Group Restaurants have always adhered to the highest standards of cleanliness and food safety and we will be working day and night to make sure our restaurants are safe for our guests and staff to dine and work in. The following are some of the procedures we are executing:
- Sanitizing dispensers and anti-bacterial soap have been placed all over our dining rooms and kitchens for ease of use by our guests and staff.
- Our staff has intensified the continuous cleaning of commonly touched areas such as menus, phones, doors and handles to ensure your well-being and confidence while dining in any of our restaurants.
- We continue to update and train our staff on best practices daily, to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and how it relates to a safe dining experience.
- We also will not allow any employee to come to work that is remotely sick or under the weather.
Additionally, we know that times are tough, therefore we are offering the following to make this time a little bit better.
- We will be adding a 15% BONUS to all New Ultimate Cards and Ultimate Card Reloads online and in the restaurants for a limited time.*
- We will be offering value-priced menus in all our restaurants.*
- We have taken 15% off all DoorDash prices.*
- If you would like to dine (at home), all of our restaurants offer to-go by calling the restaurant directly.*
- All Atlanta BLRG restaurants are on DoorDash Chops Atlanta will be offered on DoorDash soon. South Florida restaurants will be added as soon as possible.
- Select bottled wines will be offered at 50% off daily.*
- Pano’s Shop (located at the Atlanta Fish Market) is open Monday to Saturday (10 AM to 6 PM). We offer fresh seafood (that you can cook at home or we can cook for you).
- Pano’s Shop (located at City Fish Market in Boca Raton) is open 11:30 AM to 9:30 PM, daily.
* All offers will be in place by Tuesday, March 17, 2020, if not sooner, until further notice.
I Pano Karatassos
Founder & CEO, Buckhead Life Restaurant Group
Stone Crab Season!
Stone Crabs at Buckhead Life Restaurants
At Buckhead Life Restaurants, we pride ourselves in providing the finest and freshest seafood and Stone Crabs are no different!
To be sure that we will have them, please call first. Our supply can vary and very much depends on the harvesting schedule!
Why are Stone Crabs so special?
Perhaps the most anticipated seasonal seafood, Stone Crabs have officially arrived in our kitchens! Praised for their sweet taste and delicate texture, these delicacies are open for harvest beginning October 15th. Our stone crabs are responsibly fished and only sourced from the Florida Keys where the warm waters result in exceptionally sweat claws. Our stone crabs are delivered daily and served over ice with our famous secret sauce. You can enjoy stone crabs in our Atlanta restaurants at Atlanta Fish Market & Chops, and our South Florida restaurants at City Fish Market, Chops Lobster Bar, and Lobster Bar Sea Grille. Also, Pano’s Food Shop will carry them from time to time!
Aside from their delectable flavor, here are some of our favorite things about stone crabs:
Stone crabs can regenerate their claws.
While blue and Dungeness crab are valued for the meat from their legs, claws, and abdomen, stone crabs are sought after for their claws alone. The two front claws are not only delicately sweet, and powerful enough to crack an oyster shell (stone crabs feed on oysters, mussels, and fish)—they’re also “renewable.” Stone crabs can regenerate their claws if they’re removed correctly. To properly remove the claw from a live stone crab, first make sure it’s large enough to harvest legally (the claw must be 2.75 inches long). Then snap downward with a quick pop. This will help ensure the muscles and tissue the crab needs to rebuild the claw remain healthy and intact. In about three years, the claw should return to an adequate size for another harvest.
Look for the “fingerprint” to know if the claw is original.
You can tell if a stone crab claw is the original—or if it’s regenerated—by looking for a faint fingerprint-like marking on the propodus (the last segment of the pincer). If the fingerprint-like lines are unbroken, it’s the original claw. If the lines are broken, it’s a regenerated claw.
The stone crab’s weight is in its claws.
As a stone crab ages, the percentage of body weight may increase in the claws. An older male crab may have as much as half their body weight in their large claws.
Stone crabs are resourceful.
Seashells that wash up on the shore are often taken home as a beautiful memento. But for stone crabs, seashells are useful tools. Stone crabs use shells to burrow and dig to create a home among the seagrass in shallow waters near docks, rocks, and bridges. Piles of underwater shell pieces near holes in reefs and rocks may be a good indication you’ve stumbled upon a stone crab’s home.
Buckhead Diner: Best Spot for the Family
Chops Lobster Bar: Best Steakhouse
Atlanta Fish Market: Best SeafoodThank you to our friends at Jezebel for the recognition, and congratulations to our hardworking teams at all three restaurants!